The Color Green

Beitragvon nightfall » Mi 1. Jun 2005, 21:34

So... ein neuer Thread, um euch mal wieder eine nette Band vorzustellen...

Bild

Die Band is so in der Ecke Rock bzw. Pop-Rock einzuordnen und macht eher ruhige, aber meiner Meinung nach schöne Musik. Leider hab ich selbst auch nur so um die 20 Songs, da man die CDs, soweit ich weiß, nur bei CDBaby.com kaufen kann.

Um ein paar fragen zu beantworten, hab ich Ausschnitte aus einem Interview mit dem Sänger John Kahn rausgesucht:

Why the name The Color Green ?
The Color Green was the name of the fictional band in a movie I worked on called "Girl." We provided alot of the music for the band in the movie. Hearing the name "The Color Green" day in and day out as I worked on the film, it just grew on me. When it came time to name our band, it seemed like a natural. Plus the color "green" has many cannotations.

Who/what influences your music?
Springsteen. The Wallflowers. Creed. Pearl Jam. U2. All these bands believe in what they're doing and have something to say. But Springsteen, above all has been the biggest influence on me personally. He's been able to reach alot of people with both his music and lyrics.

How would you describe your music ?
I guess I would say it's honest. Just trying to write meaningful songs that hopefully are catchy as well. Trying to write the kind of music we like to listen to.

What's been your best musical moment to date?
That would have to be opening for Creed at Staples Center.
(Wie ihr seht hat TCG mal als Vorband für Creed gespielt. Da Stapp die Muisk mochte, hat er seit dem die Band mitproduziert.)

Falls ihr jetzt neugierig geworden seid - auf TheColorGreen.tv (und dmusic.com) kann man ein paar (nicht alle) Songs anhören.
Zu meinen Lieblingssongs gehören unter anderem: Never (aka Cybil's Song) (!), Girl (beide aus dem Film "Girl") und Until We Go Under (nicht auf der Seite).
nightfall

Zurück zu „%s“ Andere Bands