Erste Single "Isolation" & Stream

Diskussionsarchiv zu den News der Website.

Beitragvon BloodyEric » Mi 15. Sep 2010, 15:46

Hier ein Interview mit Mark, in dem er unter anderem sagt, dass nächsten Sommer Festivals und nächsten Herbst eine weitere Headline-Tour geplant ist. Bild
Shazam Meets…Alter Bridge

We recently caught up with Mark Tremonti, famous guitar impresario and one of the founders of American heavy rock band Alter Bridge. Discussing various topics surrounding the band such as their lead singer, Myles Kennedy, currently touring as part of rock legend Slash’s live band and the reformation of Mark’s previous band, Creed, with Scott Stapp on vocals.
With a new album entitled album ‘AB III’ set for UK release on October 11th 2010, Mark took the time to tell us a bit about the new Alter Bridge recording and the plans for the bands future.

Thanks for taking the time to speak to us, are you familiar with Shazam?

Sure I have it on my phone

What type of phone do you have?

It’s an iPhone!

Great, you have a new album out soon, are you looking forward to it?

Very much so we are very proud of it and it has had a great response from everyone we have played it for. It’s a step in a better direction for the band.

Are you ever nervous when a new album is due for release?

It’s just pure excitement really – I know the fans are going to love it from what they have heard so far and I’ve played it for fans at shows and they love it; I can’t wait for everyone to hear it.

This is the bands third album is the pressure on or off in that case?

The pressure is always on but the pressure is more on when you’re writing and the album is getting mastered. When it’s finished, like now, the pressure is off a bit.

How was the recording experience for this album?

Elvis Baskette produced this album and we recorded it in Florida this time which was good for me – so I could be at home, because I have two kids and I wanted to be able to spend time with them. So I could work during the day and go home at night

Like a 9 to 5 job almost?

Yeah but sometimes I’d miss dinner though! Well the kids would be asleep too but I’d just wake them up!

Do you enjoy the recording experience?

Yeah I absolutely do – I love creating music it’s why I do this.

Do you write while in the studio?

We go in with finished stuff – it’s all tweaked out in pre-production. We make sure when we go in the transitions and the arrangements are as good as they can possibly be.

So you are releasing this album in the UK with Roadrunner Records, what was behind that decision?

We always heard good things about them and our agent over here said they’re the best for rock music – so we’re really excited to be working with them. And we have heard nothing but positive things since we made that decision.

Do you have a release date for the States?

Yeah I think its November 9th – like a month after the European release.

Is that deliberate?

No its just we are under two different record labels. Roadrunner internationally and EMI in the States so we figured out the Roadrunner deal first and EMI came after – and they didn’t want to rush the release and do a bad job so they are giving it the right amount of time.

On the new album, do you have a favourite song?

‘Show Me A Sign’ is my favourite song off the album

Is there any reason for that?

It’s dark, brooding and melancholy and that’s the kinda stuff I dig.

You are doing an October and November UK and European tour – do you look forward to touring?

I love touring.

What’s better playing live or being in the studio?

Playing live; for sure.

Even if it means you are away from your family?

Well when I was touring last year I had the family out with me for most of the time, so I had the best of both worlds.

Did they enjoy being on tour?

They loved it.

Will you also tour this album in the states?

Yeah we are going to go back in December and do a tour – maybe fifteen shows or so. Then Myles will have to go back out with Slash. Everybody’s seen that show except me! I haven’t caught it yet.

Does it have a negative impact on the band with Myles touring with Slash and doing his solo work?

No I think it’s positive – it is just more exposure for Alter Bridge.

Do you ever think of branching out into other guesting appearances like Myles?

I’m thinking of doing a solo project – I already have about five songs together and a bunch of musicians I’m working with. I don’t want to ever find myself sitting there with Myles on tour and Scott Stapp on his solo tour, so I always want to be doing something.

Looking forward to playing the UK?

Yeah last time we played Brixton Academy, this time is the Hammersmith Apollo and hopefully if we keep stepping it up – next time it will be Wembley.

How do you find the UK audience?

You’re very energetic and full of vigour the Alter Bridge UK fans are diehard so we like to give them a good show.

You have fans on your website requesting you play Australia any plans to do that?

We were just talking about going over to Australia and Japan at some point this year. Then next summer back to the UK to do the summer festivals and a fall headlining tour, all to promote the new album.

If you could have written any one song from history to have as your own what would it be?

That’s a tough one! That’s a really tough one…
Stevie Ray Vaughan – ‘Lenny’.
BloodyEric

Beitragvon Natascha » Mi 15. Sep 2010, 16:06

Bin mal gespannt was das für News sind...
Natascha

Beitragvon Paraneuros » Do 16. Sep 2010, 21:54

wo kann man sich diese Single denn kaufen.Das einzige was ich sehe ist das bei Amazon steht aber für den 10.September.
Mh weiss jemand rat

EDIT

so endlich die Single mit einem vernüftigen Sound hören und heute Abend noch den 2ten Song abstauben
Paraneuros

Zurück zu „%s“ metalingus.de News